How to retrieve your session cookie
What is a session cookie?
Some of our bots that retrieve data from social networks are going to act on your behalf, which is why they require you to submit your session cookie, to authenticate as you.
Simply put, a session cookie (or session id) is a string of random symbols, generated by a social network's server. Every time you log in, social network creates a new id to identify you, and expires the old one.
Retrieving your cookies manually
The easiest way to do that would be to use our official Chrome Extension, which pre-fills the session cookie input for you. However, if you're not using Chrome, or can't install the extension for personal reasons, there are ways to obtain the session cookie number manually.
Simply follow these instructions (for Chrome):
- Open the social network that you'd like to run our bot on
- Make sure to log into your account (we recommend creating a separate account for this purpose)
- Right click anywhere on the page and click 'Inspect'
- Click on the 'Application' tab
- Now select 'Cookies'
- Locate the cookie your are looking for (for example, for Instagram you will need the cookie called sessionid)
- Copy it and insert into the Bot's required form input
- You are done!
If you happen to have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us through our contact form!